Burundi’s health system suffers from a lack of adequate infrastructure and human resources to meet urgent community health needs. However, IPSDI BURUNDI supports programs to create Health Centers to facilitate the population to afford easily the medical care. IPSDI BURUNDI also supports programs which facilitate the population to afford easily the Health Insurance Cards (HIC). Not only that, we intervene in water and sanitation as they are essential to advance global health, prosperity, stability, and resilience. Reliable access to safe water, sanitation, and hygiene improves livelihoods, and makes communities more resilient.
OUR GOALS AND ACTIONS
(1) Ensure that children are treated for and protected from the leading causes of death
- Empowering community health workers to deliver treatment for pneumonia, diarrhea, malaria, malnutrition and other leading causes of child death;
- Using peer educators and mobile technology, to ensure that underserved children have access to immunization.
(2) Ensure that people receive the wide-ranging support they need
- Helping people advocate for themselves, access health insurance, find doctors and receive the right care;
- Ensuring that people can manage long-term health conditions, such as hypertension and diabetes;
(3) Ensure that women and girls have access to reproductive health services
- Supporting skilled health workers who keep women and babies safe during pregnancy and childbirth;
- Increasing access to FP for women in crisis zones, including long-acting methods;
(4) Ensure that people are emotionally and mentally healthy
- Making sure they have places to go for mental health and emotional support where they can feel comfortable and safe;
- Educating people about ways they can support their own emotional and mental wellbeing and cope with stress.